Auto Insurance - Protection
Against Financial Loss
What is auto insurance?
Auto insurance protects you against financial loss if you have an accident. It is a contract between you and the insurance company.
You agree to pay the premium and the insurance company agrees to pay your losses as defined in your policy.
Car insurance provides property, liability and medical coverage:
- Property coverage pays for damage to or theft of your car
- Liability coverage pays for your legal responsibility to others for bodily injury or property damage
- Medical coverage pays for the cost of treating injuries, rehabilitation and sometimes lost wages and funeral expenses
An auto insurance policy from Tomei Insurance is comprised of six different kinds of coverage. Illinois and Wisconsin require you to buy some, but not all, of these coverages. If you're financing a car, your lender may also have requirements.
Most auto policies are for six months or a year. We will notify you by mail, email or phone call when it's time to renew your policy.
Why do you need auto insurance?
Check out our auto insurance checklist
It's really all about protecting yourself financially.
- If you're in an accident or your car is stolen, it costs money, often a lot of money, to fix or replace it.
- If you or any passengers are injured in an accident, medical costs can be extremely expensive.
- If you or your car is responsible for damage or injury to others, you may be sued for much more than you're worth.
- Not only is having insurance a prudent financial decision, many states require you to have at least some coverage.
Questions to Ask Your Tomei Insurance Agent
Your Independent Agent is an advocate for finding auto insurance that meets your specific needs. Here are a few things to consider as you prepare for the discussion:
- How much can you afford to pay if you get in an accident? (To keep premiums low you may want to have a higher deductible and be willing to pay more for repairs.)
- What is the insurance company's level of service and ability to pay claims?
- What discounts are available? (Ask about good driver, multiple policy and student discounts.)
- What's the procedure for filing and settling a claim? (Ask who to call and what happens after
you file a claim.)
Thank you for your interest in the Tomei Insurance Agency. Use our quick and easy quote form to begin your car insurance savings. If you would like to speak to an insurance professional please call our office at 847-336-8595 or you can email your questions and an agent will reply promptly.
Tomei Insurance is proud to also provide homeowners insurance for your convenience. Two policies, one agency!
Policy Management Forms
Already a Tomei Insurance Customer
Self policy service any time of the day, directly from our website. To request a policy change on your account, click any of the following policy service options below.